See below

On 9/15/05, Todd Berman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 18:45 -0400, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
> > I am (still) working on a document imaging etc.  I had thought that I
> > would try to use as much of the existing server RPC's etc to avoid
> > re-inventing the wheel.
> >
> > But it looks like the use of "\" as a file path node separator
> > (instead of "/" used by linux/unix) is hard coded in.
> >

> Just Replace \ with / on whichever end you are dealing with it (this is
> what we do).

I think you are saying to change the slash in the RPC code, or are you
saying to change the slash used when storing the filepath and name?

> Because they use \ as the separator, \\ will be used to escape a \, so
> you can just detect that and deal with it. However, if you are fully
> using the RPCs available, a \ will never be anything but a path
> separator.

"a \ will never be anything but a path separator."
I don't understand what you are saying.  Do you mean that I need to
change the code?

My point for the initial message was not how to fix the problem, but
rather that it would be nice if it could be fixed in the future to
avoid other conflicts.  I.e. use a "$pathseparator" variable