Kevin --

I think Greg is on the right track.  Did you use a Linux cp command to
copy a database file that was in active use or did you use mupip backup
command?  The following will not give you a usable copy unless the
database is not in use.

If you did indeed make a copy of a database that was open with a Linux
cp (or other Linux command), you will need to delete your copy and
replace it with a fresh copy made with (a) mupip backup, or (b) the
Linux cp command when all processes are out of the database.

If this is not the case, let's start troubleshooting in more detail.

-- Bhaskar