-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gregory
Woodhouse
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 3:06 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Re: Wiki additions: [was: web evaluation
tool]

This is actually not true. flat tables are the abstraction presented
to the user (or programmer) with relational databases, but the
underlying storage model is, more likely than not, based on B-trees,
just as it is in MUMPS. This can be confusing, because the basic
abstraction presented to the user in MUMPS is multi-branching trees,
but that abstraction is not the same as the underlying storage model.

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The most incomprehensible thing about
the world is that it is at all comprehensible."
  --Albert Einstein (1879-1955)