No more than FOIA VistA, and I don't think most folks give a hoot about the
Zipcode+4 database, etc.  It works fine without them.

On Wednesday 21 September 2005 11:37 am, Mike Lieman wrote:
On 9/21/05, Nancy Anthracite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a production system, you would presumably want a backup server and a
> mechanism for remote storage of a backup as well and there are some
> additional proprietary pieces you might possibly want that the VA removes
> from FOIA.
>
> See the Readme.html on the VA ftp site
> ftp.va.gov/vista/Software/Readme.html for what is removed.   Take a look at
> the section starting here:
>
> "Therefore removed are copyrighted dlls, ZIP+4 address database, mental
> health tests, CPT codes, medication instructions, and electronic signature
> hashing algorithms."

Well, the requirement of a backup solution is inevitable, of course.

Hmmm.... So it looks like you're saying is that the VOE beta ( and
likely whenever it's released ) will likely be, um... lessee... Is
"Crippleware", the right word?