There is not a more recent version, although I think the fix to the access
code problem is on the Hardhats web site as of about a month ago if I am not
mistaken.  The device file thing has come up recently.  Please post the
message you are getting to Hardhats, we will try to resolve the problem and
then I will try to get my butt in gear and fix it on Hardhats.  ;-)