If the files are ASCII then they could be easily read directly in MUMPS. I am
not familiar
with the current Fileman import capabilities, but if that is not sufficient to
the task,
the data could still be imported with a relatively simple and quite small
little MUMPS
program.

You don't say whether your current software handles the embedded commas
corrrectly.
Embedded commas could be handled easily if the fields are quoted so as to
distinguish them
from the field delimiters. If not, then I am sure that the great majority of
them could be
handled with some simple heuristics based on the file structure.