From: "K.S. Bhaskar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2005 4:51 pm
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Accessing VistA/Linux/GT.M server from
        Windows Box

Mike --

Are you using telnet or ssh?  Is the service enabled / started on the
Linux box?

Regards
-- Bhaskar

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 14:53 -0500, Mike Schrom wrote:

After two weeks of installing and configuring Linux -> GT.M ->

VistA

-> Samba, I was ecstatic to see the splash screen. I can access CPRS from the windows box and VistA from the Linux box, but that's the

opposite> of
what I need.  I need to have my front office access the scheduling
and registration menus, which are only available under the text VistA, from their Windows (2000) machines. Tried Hyperterminal and PuTTY, both of which give me a screen on which I can force an echo, but there

is no
response from the Linux box. I can see and move files from machine
to machine via Nautilus and Windows Explorer but I can't get a

terminal
mode.  Suggestions?