I just have to say that I think this is all great news too!

It opens up GT.M in its open source state for so many ...

now...if you happen to have an extra AXP I can have access to.... :-)

Richard Schilling

K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
This is the first release of GT.M for Alpha/AXP at Source Forge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm) under the GNU General
Public License (GPL - see
http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl.txt).  Fidelity plans to
follow up with the source code within the next few months.  As was the
case with the release of GT.M on x86 GNU/Linux under GPL, we had to
develop procedures to convert from Fidelity's internal directory
structures to those more suited to Source Forge.  This work will be
scheduled into the normal workflow of the developers and the source code
will be released when that is completed.  Meanwhile, the binaries are
available for use.

The GT.M Programmers Guide, Administration and Operations Guide, and
Messages and Recovery Procedures manual are available at the GT.M user
documentation site
(http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/user_doc.htm).

Each package consists of two files, one is the main GT.M distribution.
The other is needed only for migrating databases to V5.0-000 from
earlier releases.  Refer to the GT.M Database Migration technical
bulletin
(http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/user_documentation/targets/GTM_Database_Migration.html)
 for details.

We hope you find GT.M on Alpha/AXP to be useful.  Please consider
funding GT.M work by purchasing support if you put it into production.

-- Bhaskar