You need to configure vista on your linux box and add a 'new person' with appropriate access code through vista. See the configuring vista instructions on http://kdtop.vistaoffice-ehr.com/OpenVista_Installation_and_Configuration_Guide_FINAL2.htm

Mike

Mike Donnelly wrote:
Short version ...

Help .. I'm stuck! What access code and version code should be used with CPRSChart.exe? ;-)

Longer version ...

As a Linux and Vista newbie, I've been playing around with this Live CD release with some limited success. Incidentally, my goal here is to be able to demonstrate and ultimately configure Vista for a potential client. Anyways ... after it failed to boot on my new Dell wireless Window's XP laptop, I was able to boot it from an older pre-2K box running a recent Ubuntu Linux version. From this Linux box, I was then able to use smbclient to copy CPRSChart.exe to a Windows laptop (after disabling firewall). I believe that my database is correctly copied on the Linux box to its new read/write location at /mnt/hda1/VistA (and linked to /home/dsl/myVistA). Ok ... back to CPRSChart ... initially I was seeing WSAEADDRNOTAVAILABLE errors from the laptop. On a hunch (after searching internet) I tried telnet from the laptop with the appropriate s= and p=9297 parameters to see if it could connect to the Linux box. This resulted in strange "mumps" error ... so I concluded that at least I had some form of basic connectivity worked out. I'll also assume that "mumps" errors are normal for this particular test??? Next, using the same IP and port parameters from CPRSChart.exe, I was finally able to see the Vista Sign-on screen. Phew! Finally!!! Now if I only knew the correct login codes ... I think I'd be off to the races. Does anyone have this information? I.e. What access code and version code should be used from CPRSChart's "Vista Sign-on" screen? Any other hints, comments, or questions are welcome too!

FYI, I'll pick up on any responses tomorrow. Also, there's some interesting discussions on importing patient data. I think I'd like to try this next! ;-)

Thanks,
Mike