-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin
Toppenberg
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:41 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] tight vnc server question

On 11/9/05, Mark Dalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Someone was looking at the right thing..   Check your:
>         ~/.vnc/xstartup
>
>  I tend to use a low-resource use window manager.. (since i am going over
>  ISDN and over VPN).
>

>  ============= $HOME/.vnc/xstartup ===================
>  #!/bin/sh
>
>  xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
>  xsetroot -solid grey
>  xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
>  twm &
>
>  =================================================
>
>  And my .Xresources does not exist since I am simple in my usage of it..
>
>  Mark

Mark,
I tried changing my xstartup, and there is no change.  It seems the
problem occurs before the particular desktop is launched.
#!/bin/sh
echo "Starting up VNC server"

# Red Hat Linux VNC session startup script
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources

xsetroot -solid grey
# vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
# startkde &
twm &

Error log (partial)...

SESSION_MANAGER=local/poweredge.tmedgroup.com:/tmp/.ICE-unix/2748

** (gnome-session:2748): WARNING **: Error getting value of
/desktop/gnome/sound/enable_esd: Adding cli
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL
Window manager warning: Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA
error: IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAIL

Thanks