Dear Nuriel;

   Right now I am getting ready to go to the World Summit on the Information
Society in Tunis, so I am a bit busy right now.   I am sorry that I didn't
get back to you sooner.  As for a demo, there is some significant setup
because we are describing a client/server relationship. This needs to be
carefully established on the server, and the client software installed on
the your front-end client.

  If all you want to see is what the system looks like, try the video down
load from Source Forge.  VistA is a system which can be accessed in a number
of different ways, computer-to-computer, email, client/server, teletype, the
web, just about any way that information can be transferred.

  This is a complex system that can handle all of the departments of a full
hospital or the needs of a small practice with lots of room to grow.  World
VistA is working to make this installation effort easier and more adaptable
than it was ever intended to be.  But this takes time and requires the
feedback from many new users.  Everyone who attempts to use the system will
find willing hands of those who have gone on before.  We are building a
community here.  It is a self-perpetuating situation. As more members join
the ranks, the more hands there are to test and stream-line the procedures.
Nancy and Kevin have provided a pretty neat cookbook for accomplishing the
install task. Bhaskar has been working on integrating this into Live
Bootable CDs (also available from Source Forge). The scripting right now is
actually pretty good, but it will always need improvement. Please take a
look at both of these approaches and decide if you are interested in
starting this journey. You will find there are new and wonderful people out
there to help you succeed in your journey. I can promise you that you will
learn a great deal in a very short time.

There is a demo being established for folks to play with, but it is not
quite ready yet. Others are currently working on getting this demo server
setup with the latest VA patched software and this effort is taking a little
longer because we are implementing version control in the software in a
slightly different fashion to the way the VA, his, and DoD has done it.
Please be patient a little longer. We are all working very hard to make this
system more accessible to everyone.

Best wishes and watch for my journals from the trip to Tunisia that I will
be sending back. I am not sure where they will show up (probably on this
list), but it will be interesting.

Best wishes; Chris Richardson, on the road to Tunisia