Joseph is partially correct.  In that many of the members of the working
group were also some of the last members of the MUMPS Development Committee
(MDC is still sleeping), he is correct.  While many of those in the working
group are also on the board or are officers is merely a coindicence.  The
goals of the working group should not be and are not directly binding on
WorldVistA.  There were members of the working group who are not associated
with WorldVistA.  There are memebers of the board of WorldVistA who have
nothing to do with the working group.  While I am sure that all of the
working group would like to get back to the OO model, there is still much to
be done with VistA.  VistA and MUMPS need to exist for the model the working
group was working with to be built and tested.  This work will be picked up
again, but there are only so many hours and the model needs to have MUMPS
available.

  The OO model is not part of the WorldVistA effort right now, and should
wait for the critical mass for VistA to catch and move forward before the
members of the working group start turning their attentions back to the OO
model.  Both are moving targets, and it is easier if people who understand
both models progress with one to further its development until it is time to
push the other model forward.

   Kevin, the work you are doing is not a waste.  It is bringing you up to
speed on some of the ground we have already covered.  By the way, Kevin,
have you looked at ESI-Objects?

    Best wishes;   Chris