On Dec 2, 2005, at 5:42 PM, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

Greg, we have discussed the before.  I believe it is the means that
allows perl to link to M data.  On the Sanchez website:
http://www.sanchez-gtm.com/technology/architecture.htm
there is a graphic which show this.

Actually, I had in mind something more basic (in the sense of fundamental) than simply providing a language specific wrapper for globals. That's relatively straightforward, but it never allows you to link your code (in the technical sense of the word) with MUMPS routines.

I think it is excellent, but it doesn't address my need to have a
medical record system for my office.  VistA does, so I am working with
it.

Reread my above response. I think we're talking past one another here.

But someone who enjoys exploring these things, such as yourself, could
certainly open up some opportunities....  Perhaps a Haskell-GTM combo?

I've been exploring the idea, but more of a Haskell-VistA combo.

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers."
-- Benjamin Disraeli