On Jan 14, 2006, at 5:00 AM, Kevin Toppenberg wrote:

I'll be dumb.  What is SSVN?

Kevin

SSVN = Structured System Variable Name.

I'm told that GT.M doesn't support them (correct me if I'm wrong), but if you're using Cache or another MUMPS implementation, you might try $ORDERing through

^$ROUTINE
^$GLOBAL
^$JOB

These are kind of pseudo-globals that represent information about the system. For example, ^$JOB is something like the /proc filesystem under Linux.

When I get around to writing my own MUMPS implementation, I think it will need to support user-defined SSVNs. (Isn't that an oxymoron?)

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Prediction is difficult, especially of the future."
--Niels Bohr