reinstalling Cache as that is the easiest thing for me to do.

Someone told me there is a way to do this, something to do with a right click
somewhere, but I can't recall where.

On Saturday 14 January 2006 04:50 pm, Cameron Schlehuber wrote:
All I've ever had to do is "Stop Cache" under the Cache Cube and select
"Shutdown", swap out the desired cache.dat and then "Start Cache" under the
Cache Cube.  I've never stopped any service under Control Panel.  I wonder
if you nailed a service that shouldn't have been stopped, or stopping it
under Control Panel, something didn't shut down or start up correctly.

Cameron

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nancy
Anthracite
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:52 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Hardhats-members] Changing out the Cache.dat in Cache

In the past if I shut down Cache all of the way, including under Services in

the Control Panel, I could switch out the Cache.dat for a new one and start
it up with no problem.  That was a quick way to avoid reentering the
mappings
and test something quickly.

Now if I do that, Cache will not start.

I understand there is some way to sort of "unmount" the database and switch
it
out safely, but I have yet to discover where that is.  Can anybody tell me
how to do that?