Your increment example would show the interleave by looking at the subscripted global.  Why not do this as:

S ^GLB=""

J1 ;
    F I=1:1:100 S ^GLB=$G(^GLB)_"A"

J2 ;
    F I=1:1:100 S ^GLB=$G(^GLB)_"B"

Wouldn't that show interleaving within standard M without using the explicit LOCK command.  Obviously the actually control of the setting of the global would be controlled by the Global module of the the M system.   In most systems today, 100 would not be sufficient to demonstrated your interleave.  You might need something like F I=1:1:15000  Mostly likely J1 would run to completion before J2 even started.  With most processes today, I doubt 15000 would be sufficient.