--- Steven McPhelan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was referring to the parameterization in the Kernel in that the
> sign-on
> division for the user over-rides the default devision for the system
> in the
> initial setting of the DUZ("AG") variable....

I think of it as an essentially ad hoc mechanism. There's nothing
really wrong with this approach, but without a consistent approach to
parametrization, there's no guarantee that other packages will respect
this variable value (and, indeed, the value of DUZ("AG") may not mean
anything to them).

(Am I the only one who cringes every time parentheses are used within a
parenthetical remark (as is the case above))? :-)

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as
being self-evident."
--Arthur Schopenhauer