Although I wouldn't associate them with a problem, it might be
appropriate to associate them with a diagnosis.  I.e. you get a chest
XRay because of cough.

But it is easy for non-physicians to get carried away (IMHO) with data
gathering, and want this attached to that, anf for this or that button
pushed, and the next thing you know you have a sludge of a system that
the doctor throws out the window.

What makes me frustrated about such systems is that it seems that the
purpose of the system is to limit care.  "Well, doctor, that diagnosis
you gave for that echocardiogram is not good enough.  You'll have to
come up with a different diagnosis."  So we physicians have to stand
on our heads trying to guess what diagnoses are allowed, so that we
can get the test that our patient needs.  After all, if there is
someone else better at deciding what tests a patient needs, for
example the secretary at the insurance company, then perhaps the
patient should be seeing them.

My 2 cents worth.
Kevin