Kevin Toppenberg wrote:
LOL!!  I can't believe it.  I was just about to write in the same
thing... and add that I thought that I, as a physician, had to learn
alot to practice MY trade!

Well, you have a point here. VistA has 20-30+ years of code behind it (by a lot of people) and even though a person may be an expert in the general technology areas listed in the description, it can take a person years to get acquainted with the entire VistA codebase. I'm not a doctor but I would imagine it's like learning all the protocols in every country for treating a particular disease. You might have the scientific knowledge, but learning how it's routinely treated might take a while.

I did notice, too that while the list of technical skills is extensive in this job description, the scope of work required for a given skill might not require the use of a lot of depth in that skill. This is a jack/jill-'o-trades position.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was already someone fingered for this job.

Richard Schilling
Cognition Group, Inc.
Seattle, WA

Kevin