--- Cameron Schlehuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The standard FileMan uses for "duplicate" entries is to enclose the
> name in
> quotes.  FileMan then asks if you are entering a new entry.

In general, you can do this (but I don't know enough about the
resistration process to know you it would work in thi case --
presumably, a uniques et of identifiers would be needed). It is also
possible for files to have keys (even just the .01 field), so this
isn't guaranteed to work.

> I don't understand how you're using the expression "non-nominal
> data".
> Could you give some examples?

I was wondering the same thing. Are you trying to prervent people from
viewing names, or trying to keep them out of VistA altogether? It
sounds like an interesting idea, but the requirments need to be fleshed
out.

> Cameron.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"It is foolish to answer a question that
you do not understand."
--G. Polya ("How to Solve It")