I know I have been asked this a few times before, but I still am
having some difficulties with write permissions in Fileman.  I have
tried reviewing the Fileman manual and still can't find my answer.

I want to add entries to the VA GENERIC file (50.6).

I look, and the file has a LAYGO code of "^".  My DUZ(0)="@"

The .01 field has a write access of "^".

Why can't I create entries in the file?  I am rejected using both ^DIC
and UPDATE^DIE.

As an aside, there is know real way of knowing if I am supposed to be
adding entries to this file without understanding the entire package,
right?  I mean that its possible that this file is supposed to be
generated automatically by some trigger when a record is added into
some other file.  Otherwise, why would the creators of the file put
this restriction on the file?

Again, my ultimate goal right now is to add entries into the VA
PRODUCT file.  But one of the fields in such a record needs to point
to the VA GENERIC file.  And I am adding novel drugs, so I need to add
novel VA GENERIC entries.

Thanks