Here is an interesting article:

http://www.memag.com/memag/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=316528

I think that too many people want too much all at once.  I remember
when the web first was becoming popular.  Imagine if we somehow MADE
people start doing their shopping on the web.  There would have been
resistance. Instead, quality changes were made, and people were happy
to change.  And no one had to spend $100,000 for a web browser!

I see us as very early on a similar type of curve.

This article points out all kinds of problems such as integration with
other systems, high prices, unrealistic expectations etc.

Anyway, it's an interesting easy read.