FWIW, it might help to also pose your query to the Cache newsgroup:

On Jun 1, 2006, at 3:21 PM, James Gray wrote:

I ran into something a little bit ago.  I was editing a Mumps routine in Studio.  I lost my VPN connection and Studio started to crash.  It told me it would prompt me to allow me to save the routine locally before closing.  When it did prompt me to save the routine, I picked a different location to save the file, but just used the other default values for the name of the file.  The routine was saved as XYZSCX.MAC.  Then Studio shut down.  Right away I was able to reconnect to the VPN and open Studio.  I could not find a way to open or reload the saved routine file into Studio.  How should I get the saved routine back into Studio?  The only way I could find to to do it was to open the routine in Notepad and then paste the whole routine into Studio.

Jim Gray