From: Nancy Anthracite [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:10 AM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] Outpatient Meds status solution (was
HFSDirectory)

Thanks very much for reporting back on how you did it.  It was an
impressive
bit of detective work!

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 12:16, Matthew King wrote:
Here is how I was able to get the meds from the outpatient med list to
display active in the CPRS med list and orders:

This is important because if you choose non-VA meds to populate the
patients' med list, they are an active status but you can't refill them.
On the other hand if the Outpatient med status is pending or unreleased,
you can't refill those either.

1) Carlos' suggestion: D ^XUP--KERNEL--CHOOSE 5 (KERNELMANAGEMENT) AFTER
ENTER/EDIT GO TO PAGE

NUMBER 3 AND CREATE OR MODIFY THE HFS DIRECTORY ENTRY.

I used: /tmp/

2)Go into linux and make the file: cd /tmp (enter); emacs hfs.dat; THIS
IS THE HFS FILE FOR PHARMACY. Save and exit (Control x Control c, yes).
Then write privileges: chmod a+w hfs.dat.

3) Give the pharmacy key to whoever will release the meds:

            D ^XUP; SELECT OPTION NAME: PHARM; CHOOSE 1 ENTER/EDIT
PHARMACIST; SELECT PHARMACIST: PROVIDER,ONE (OR WHOEVER); KEY: PSORPH;
REVIEW DATE: (ENTER)

4) ADD THE MENU: D ^XUP; EVE; 1; USER; EDIT; TAB TO SECONDARY MENU:
OUTPATIENT PHARM; SELECT 2 (MANAGER'S MENU) SYNONYM OP; SAVE AND EXIT

5) PROCESS THE PENDING MEDS: D ^HUILOGIN; (PROVIDER ONE); ENTER OP; HIT
RETURN UNTIL YOU SEE: SELECT OUPATIENT PHARMACY MANAGER OPTION: TYPE RX;
ORDER SUMMARY?// NO; PATIENT PROCESSING; SELECT PATIENT NAME// DOE,JOHN;
NOW JUST HIT ENTER UNTIL YOU GET THE MED ORDERS (THESE WERE ENTERED IN
CPRS) AND THEN SELECT ORDER (SO); PROCESS IT AND THE MED WITH BECOME
ACTIVE.

There may be an easier way. I would like to try to create a "Pharmacy
Dialog to handle it right from CPRS, but I don't know it that is
possible yet.

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Matthew M. King, MD

Medical Director