--- Chris Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Steve;
>
>    My code replaces the existing strings in the routines with a call
> to George's Dialog Call with the IEN for the entry with the extracted
> string.  This instrumented code gets created in a parallel file which
> can be tested for actual completeness.  My converter works across all
> of the VistA code at one time and cross-indexes the routine and the
> location that it came from.

That's an intriguing approach. There are obviously limits to what we
can do with static analysis, but it sure could give us a big head start
on the problem.

>    You are correct that there needs to be more work done by someone.
> The VA has spent much more than it would take just to do Spanish
> Pharmacy Lables.  Too bad.

What about future development? We don't talk about it much, but I
imagine that the adoption of VistA will lead to the development of many
new packages or expansion/revision of existing ones. I woner if anyone
has set down guidelines for developing code in an I18N-friendly way.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Judge a man by his questions not his answers."
--Voltaire