If you want, you can try setting ZTSAVE("MY*")="" in a call to
^%ZTLOAD, the entry point for queuing a task progrzammatically. The
basic technique is

S ZTRTN="label^routine"
S ZTDESC="This is a test..."
S ZTDTH=$H
S ZTSAVE("MY*")=""
D ^%ZTLOAD

In order, what you're doing is

1. Specifying the routine/entry point to run
2. Giving th task a description
3. Saying the task should run NOW
4. Saying that all variables in the MY* namespace should be saved from
the partition (i.e., used as input variables)
5. Queuing the task

--- Nancy Anthracite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Lloyd.
>
> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 14:19, Lloyd Milligan wrote:
> When an application queues a task it usually saves variables for use
> by the
> task when it runs.  Variables may be saved individually, or as arrays
> with
> descendants, etc.  One of the supported ways of saving variables is a
> wildcard format, in which all variables belonging to a namespace are
> saved.
> It is the latter format that I claim does not work with the version
> of ORDER
> in the FOIA routine ^%ZOSV for GT.M (Unix).  Thus a background task
> that
> relies upon the wildcard save may fail with an undefined variable
> error.
>
> Lloyd

Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Judge a man by his questions not his answers."
--Voltaire