Just in case someone else runs into this. I kept getting
WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL after installing and trying to connect (without
INETD) to HuiVista4.1SemiVivA.tgz with CPRS 1.0.25.42 after following
the directions from the quick install guide - which included starting
the broker on port 9300.

The server was running and the above port open and accessible. Still
no go.

Finally I checked with Ethereal/tcpdump which showed the following:

greenlawn:/home/ibk/log/vista/cprs_connect# tcpdump -r
hui41_cprs12542_win2k_noinetd
reading from file hui41_cprs12542_win2k_noinetd, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet)
21:44:24.244397 IP bach.home.1069 > greenlawn.9200: S 1630209202:1630209202(0)
win 65535 <mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK>

So what was going on? Was port 9200 hard coded somewhere? Here is the RPC
BROKER,

Select RPC BROKER SITE PARAMETERS DOMAIN NAME: HUIOPENVISTADEV.PACIFICHUI.NET
ANOTHER ONE:
STANDARD CAPTIONED OUTPUT? Yes//   (Yes)
Include COMPUTED fields:  (N/Y/R/B): NO// BOTH Computed Fields and Record Number
 (IEN)

NUMBER: 1
DOMAIN NAME: HUIOPENVISTADEV.PACIFICHUI.NET
BOX-VOLUME PAIR: AKC:greenlawn
PORT: 9210                              STATUS: STOPPING
  TYPE OF LISTENER: New Style           CONTROLLED BY LISTENER STARTER: YES

I didn't try Port 9210, nor did I set this.

Is there a precedence for RPC BROKER port assignments?

I stop and restarted the Broker at port 9200 and bam.. it connected immediately.

The other thing I noticed was that one needs to have either local DNS running
or be sure to include the hostname in the /etc/hosts file, otherwise you'll
have
problems, at least on Debian/Linux, with setting your UCI/Volume set. Once I
set
it:

greenlawn:/home/ibk/log/vista/cprs_connect# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.0.45   greenlawn
::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

installation and starting the various services worked.

--
Ismet B. Kursunoglu, MD, FCCP

 Medical Director
 Alaska Clinic, LLC