well after trying to fix nero I did a repair install which for some reason
really messed things up ( a first ) video drivers would NOT properly re install
so after MUCH crying I formatted ( cough ) my main drive and re installed
everything clean.

good news is all of the little bugs are gone, Adobe 7 works but I still get the
same cannot read memory message with nero recode. go figure. Going to uninstall
it and go to a older version after I get all the stuff back in. Mostly done
except for games and I doubt I put them all back, right now sitting on 92% free
HD space. I know, TMI :-D

long afternoon.
fp

--