The best solution to migrate from BGP4 for incoming traffic

http://www.fatpipeinc.com/

007.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of G.Waleed Kavalec
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:18 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] [OT] Any BGP4 experts on the list? - hijack

Let me hijack the question while we are here.

We have a bundled dual T1 via SBC, and a single via another provider;
we use BGP4 and a couple of Cisco's to make sure failover works. It
has been "tested" by some real failures... it works

(I have even been asked about a Cable connection as an extra insurance
policy.)

Question: What would it take to extend this to do load balancing?  On
certain predictable days of the month we push the limit on the dual
T1; I would love to have that spill over to the backup T1.

Can that be done?

And, unrelated question, can BGP4 be implemented over Cable?  Can I
give this site a non-phone-wire backup?  ('Cause if SBC ever REALLY
took a hit, it would knock out my current backup too.)

--

G. Waleed Kavalec