Yeah, it will create restore CDs.  Restore CDs are often not what you want,
however :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christopher Fisk
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:56 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: RE: [H] Here's a weird ruling from MS

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Chris Reeves wrote:

> Hmm.  That's what I was wondering.  We picked up4 IBM Thinkpad Micros (the
> little 3lb suckers) recently, and they came with no media, just a
"restore"
> partition.  Hell yes, I'd use other media in that case.. or, if you need
> just do a repair install, E-Machines, Dell, HP's "System Restore" discs
> don't help a lot as you don't want to just format your harddrive.
>
> I'm not sure this lives within the spirit of their DOJ settlement.

IBM has a program where you can order restore disks for the laptops.
Also, I believe that the restore partition has the ability to create
restore disks?  Not positive on that though.

Christopher Fisk
--
BOFH Excuse #149:
Dew on the telephone lines.