Mine rides on Asus, also. I stay in lots of controversy with my recommendations etc. but I rely on over 7 years of experience. Instead of saying others are bad, let me just say that Enlight, Asus, Intel, Crucial, ATI, U.S. Robotics, Western Digital and Seagate and Mitsumi have worked very well for me over the years. I do not have the time or money to be messing around with components that require lots of RMA's. My reputation can not tolerate a high out-of-warranty failure rate on the components I sell for new builds and repairs.

I've always been fond of Asus boards. However, the (repeated) word on the street is that their AMD64 offerings do not live up to that hard-earned reputation. MSI has been around for some time now, and the simple fact is that their K8 designs are built to higher quality and consistency, while offering an absolute plethora of options and features, relative to the other players, and Asus in particular.

The only lasting allegiance I have in this industry, where things change too rapidly to have mass brand loyalty, is to Corsair. They consistently have some of the best--if not THE best--memory around. Their non-Value Series stuff is of top quality. This lends itself to rock solid stability as well as good overclock characteristics, to those that care about that (I don't). And I like Logitech mice and Microsoft keyboards. :) All other loyalties are fluid.

Greg