Windows firewall blocking you?

have you tried accessing via \\tbrid\c$ using an admin account? When all else fails, drop to cmd prompt & run
"net use \\tbird\c$ /user:adminusersname". If you get an error code, post it back here.

"/user:" because if the *logged in* account on TIVO may not match user & pw logged into TBIRD. So creating an account is not going to help if you're not logging in as that account or specifying it explicitly.

Brian Weeden wrote:
I have 2 machines on my network, both running XP SP2.  Both have
shared drives/folders on the network.  My main machine can mount the
shared drives of the TIVO box, but the TIVO cannot access the shared
drives of the main machine.

I have file and printer sharing enabled, shares created, and even
created an account for the TIVO on my main machine.  But as soon as I
try and browse to the main machine I get a "\\Tbird is not
accessible...etc." error.  They are both in the same workgroup.

Ideas?