At 09:25 AM 5/2/2005, you wrote:
How hot should a P4 3000E run?

I have a P4 3.0 800Mhz FSB 512cache that is running right now at 51C.
currently running at about 30 to 40 % of CPU. The computer is in a room that has a temperature of 79 degrees F

It is a retail CPU but I am using a third party copper heat sink and 70mm fan. It is also in a very large Enermax Extended ATX case that came with a lot of 3 inch fans in it =
blow hole fan
2 rear fans
2 side panel
2 front fans that blow over the hard drive bays.

I have one that's idling at 66C, which seems high to me. I've tried different heat sinks, but even with a fan running at 7300RPM, I just hold the line. Is there something wrong with the CPU, or is this normal for Intel?

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Anti-Virus]