At 02:46 PM 5/18/2005, Anthony Q. Martin typed:
I have two pc's that are both connected to the internet via ethernet. I also
have firewire in both and a firewire cable connecting them.  I want to make
both machines see and talk to each other over the firewire connection only.
Is this possible and if so, how?  Why does WinXP seem to talk in terms of
ICS when I don't need to share an internet connection? Seems like it ought
to be simple to make two PC sharing a wire see each other.

If you run the Network Wizard you should have the option to Network without using ICS.

Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>