Uhmm...in single user scenarios, RAID0 does NOT provide any -real- performance benefit. Obviously in STR alone (and if you do things where STR is important, like video processing, but even then it is usually quicker to have two single drives set up to read from drive 0, and write to drive 1) RAID0 provides performance enhancements, as well as in multi-user environments...but as a general rule, RAID0 does not significantly improve system performance for a single-user machine.

Agreed. This has been my experience as well, and I do lots of video editing, and am running a RAID 0 on a high end box, as well as a single Raptors. I would rather have the single Raptors.... don't have to worry about loosing data, and I can't tell the difference.