You are correct on the default 10, my mind was wandering.. however, just so
it can be noted, you can make an easy change to the metabase key
MaxConnections to anything less then 40, and it works, and the connections
are concurrent, not universal, which allows for roughly 64 connections per
via IIS 5.1 in real world.

>I'm reading about IIS 6.0, and it appears that it doesn't have the 10 user
>limit that IIS 5.0 comes with.  Is it possible it just run IIS 6.0 on XP
>Pro, or do you have to go with 2003?  Or could they use Apache or some
>other web server on XP Pro to get around the IIS 5.0 limitation?

In XP you'll always have the 10 user limit whether the connection is via
WAN or LAN makes no difference & this was done to force you into a server
product.  I doubt that IIS 6 or anything else for that matter, if & when
installed on XP will give you any more seats.

It also sounds like they want this thing to act an Exchange Server as well
if they require 2k3 SBSBE as opposed to the WE.  Unless you're quote is
terribly high which I doubt then it sounds to me as they're trying to get
something for nothing & could screw you big time. I surely wouldn't loose
money on the deal unless you can make it up with a lucrative maintenance
contract.

    Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>