On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 11:32 -0500, Gary Udstrand wrote:
> It is time to replace my PC at home.  Is this a good setup or should I
> consider something else?
>
> Shuttle SN25P
> AMD 3700+ San Diego

It's just me, but I would go with a throw away chip, and wait for the X2
to be a good price.  The system and the CPU will still be faster than
your current setup, and the ~$200 savings will go well against the price
of an X2.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103536

It's only $150 (OEM 3000+) vs $340 (Retail 3700+)

In 4-6 months pop out the 3000+ and put in a 4200+ or higher X2.

                        Harry