On 11 Jun 2005 at 13:17, nobozoz wrote:

> Well, guess what.
>
> I was able to pull most of the important stuff off the Cruzer by
> repeatedly mounting the drive in WINXP and copying one root-based
> folder at a time. About 20 of the 34 or so root folders managed to make
> it to the HDD intact

Not too shabby.

> the rest were lost because they couldn't be read at all - even
> partially.

Ouch.

Jim,

Now that you listed the number of folders you had on the drive, it reminded me
that my brother mentioned that a corporate IT guy where he works told him that
the jump drives do
not play well if they have too many files contained within too few folders.
Something you might want to investigate.

Does this make any sense to anyone ?

Vince