*shrug* I don't think so.. I'm on Cingular, and I have a 4 band phone (Razr
V3) and I get signal darn near anywhere.. even in Kansas boonies..

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:29 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] GSM phones ?

Have a friend that is moving to Prescott and AT&T forced him to a GSM phone
which has no service outside city, highway limits. He says 4 miles out of
town he looses signal, at first he took the phone back and they gave him his
old one back ( like mine ) but he says Cingular is going to force everyone
to GSM, I do not want worst service. My friend is going to Alltell because
they have good service where he is moving ( and good service in town )
Is Alltell OK ?
DO I need to rethink my ATT/Cingular phone ?
fp

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)