At 11:14 AM 6/22/2005, CW typed:
I've got to admit, it's been a long time since I even connected a floppy on my box.. just replace it with a card reader.. :)

Hell, the ECS (and any NF4 type board) will boot to a card.. makes them more convenient then floppies :)

Just this past Sat. I had a client that has a Dell that took an electrical jolt that blew out the network chip [on board]. She got tired of being on hold for 30 min twice with their TS. I told her only 30 min & you hung up, that's the minimum wait many places but you didn't wait long enough to talk to Abraham Lincoln, who is an Indian fellow that has taken an American name that can barely speak English. Any how, out of frustration [she only bought the minimum 1yr replacement warranty] she went to Walmart & bought a NIC then she tried to install the thing with the cable company's TS help. She was damn lucky she didn't screw it up any worse than it was but fortunately there was almost nothing in the box to screw up. Come to find out the NIC came with drivers on a floppy disk & the machine didn't have a floppy drive so I dumped the drivers onto my thumb drive & installed the card. I charged her double for buying a Dell & then buying the NIC at Walmart & she was still happy.

Some people you can't make happy & others you can't tick off no matter what. I wish I could read the later kind better so I would know when to charge more. <lol>

   Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>