A little late in the thread here (vacationing here in Yosemite)

Just another point to add - if the UPS you are considering is for your HT, what is the point of getting one that will make everything look and sound FUBAR when the battery is engaged?

From: "Tony Antoniou" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Hardware List'" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: RE: [H] UPS for home theatre
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:34:52 +1000

Definitely not. You are 100% correct. It's only a problem when the power
goes down as that's when the non-sine wave (typically a stepped sine wave)
becomes an issue. And no, it's not harmful to the equipment - it just looks
and sounds like dog doo-doo compared to a pure sine wave feed.

Obviously in broadcast, nobody at home cares if we suffer a power outage or
not as long as the coverage of the Games looks top notch so we can't afford
to use anything other than true sine wave.

Adios,
Tony

---------------  TAMA - The Strongest Name in Drums  ---------------