No problem.

There are now some Socket 754 Nforce4 boards just hitting the market.  Asus
makes one.  I haven't seen one yet.  *shrug*

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Tomporowski
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:25 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Fwd: [H] NForce Boards for A65

Sorry, Chris, meant to send this to the whole list......Steve

> Upgrade the MB, of course, means a switch in CPUs, etc.

So the CPU has to be changed also????  Well, I guess that's the
impetus to NOT upgrade.  Paid a lot (for me) for that CPU.....

> Yes, NF4 boards have some advantages (access to more CPUs, dual channel
> memory, PCI-Express)

I'd have to do a processor/MB change, but I assume memory would
transfer and power supply?  New MBs are still ATX?  I just haven't
been paying a lot of attention to these things.

> If you have the 6800 (non-GT) then that's a much bigger "hop" .. the
6800GTs
> have dropped below $300.  That's a better bang.

A bigger 'hop' from a PCIe board, you mean?  The present board is AGP.

Oh yeah, sorry about the 'A65'  I caught that error in the text, but
not in the subject.

Steve