Ahh yes that would be awesome to do. And group policies do rock. But if
you want to take it a little bit further you should check out CPM from
Websense great application control ability.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Ruset
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 7:05 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Open Source Heretic

What I was trying to say is that if I could lock down Windows machines
with a central policy fed from a Linux machine, that would be great.

I have found that a proper implementation of Group Policy and locking
down end-user machines fairly tight has saved me countless hours of
troubleshooting and repairing Windows client PC's. Computers that I have

built and locked down are still running strong, five years after I
deployed them. With zero maintenance.

I love active directory and group policy.

Locking down a Linux machine is a bit tougher. I found a nice tool
called "Kiosk Tool" for KDE, but it doesn't have any sort of central
mechanisim for managing clients.