Julian,

I have 2 monitors, but the one I use the most is the Freestyle. It
doesn't have a bunch of bells & whistles, but it stores around 200 of
your last readings; good for showing the doctor. You don't need to put
the blood on the little round dot with this one. You insert the strip,
poke yourself, then use the end of the strip to get the sample. It
soaks up in the side of the strip. Doesn't take as much blood either.
I like it because you can take blood out of your forearm or anywhere
you can get a sample. Also, poking the forearm doesn't even hurt; you
shouldn't even feel it. It's a good, simple meter, and they usually
have rebates on them.

Bill