Well my machine was affected by a power outage, not the CPU and board per
say but the keyboard and mouse got screwed up which in turn corrupted the
%root%\windows\system32\config file. I can not boot into XP and I can not
get into safe mode or safe mode command prompt as it always balks at that
config file. Tried booting to the XP CD and doing the recovery console and
running the system restore file but it will not run there. There was no
automated system recovery floppy made (ya I know) and I do not have a back
up done ( again ya ya I know)
We had a discussion about this a little while back and I think Wayne said
that he had a way to get to a restore point with the PE Cd????
Or does anyone have any other things to try?
I installed another install but I can not get to the other one to fix it
that I can find.
Running system restore in safe mode is MS's answer but I can not get there.

Mark Dodge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]