Check your BIOS settings as well. Maybe something there activated a sleep mode.

Winterlight wrote:
I have a old 233CP Latitude that I use as a print server, and a few other things. It has been running 2K SP4 great for almost a year. It is plugged into power with no battery.

I just did MS updates which now includes the new 2K roll up patch. After I did the patch the laptop keeps going into a standby mode that is so deep that I have to push the power button to get it back on line. My fist thought was that they have changed a setting in the power setting but none of the Power settings relating to this have changed. The only thing that changed was that it required a log in from standby mode which I just unchecked.

And yet instead of just going into a standby mode that a print request, or a keyboard / mouse movement will bring it out of, it goes so deep I have to press the power mode button to use it. I am about ready to restore my backup because as is, it is unusable as a print server... any ideas? This sucks, why can't MS ask you before it changes stuff like this!