tried it but it would not scan lapped drives on the lan. unless that has changed I need that feature.
fp

At 10:02 AM 7/22/2005, joeuser Poked the stick with:
I've been doing the Kaspersky thing for over a year now. It was suggested here on this list and then I used it to detect a virus on a system that nothing else could detect. Since then I haven't looked back. I like NOD32 because the interface is nice and heuristics seem to be very good but it doesn't detect all that Kaspersky does.

Greg Sevart wrote:

Norton Antivirus http://www.symantec.com gets the "Gnashing Teeth" award... *snipped mindless drivel*
BTW, the corporate version is worse than the standard version, so don't even go there.
That's such bullshit that it completely negates any and all other findings. Yeah, the consumer grade software is terrible, but the corporate/enterprise stuff is top notch. I am, however, glad that he rated Kaspersky high....I've started pushing it to individual customers.

Greg
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Turnbull" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:31 AM
Subject: [H] AntiVirus Program review

Go to the URL below for an interesting assessment of the merits of various antivirus programs:

< http://www.suggestafix.com/index.php?act=ST&f=16&t=16990&s=407229a133914019ef7531bdc8207d1c >

Best wishes

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada

--
Cheers,
joeuser (still looking for the 'any' key)

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)