Ahh, I get what you're asking.

I guess the "brand" of PC would be "Generic" or something. Maybe they have a radio button or something for that. As for penalizing, I don't know why they would do that. They know that there are whitebox OEMs as well as retail copies sold.

dsinc wrote:
Ben,
Not really. I do understand that M$ can/may get the bios string and maybe the MB info. Yes, I suppose my home-built machines are "white box" units. As such, I was really wondering a)how to answer the pc related questions, and, b)concerned that I might be penalized do to white box status.
Thanks.