----- Original Message ----- From: "Bobby Heid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'The Hardware List'" <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 2:26 PM
Subject: [H] Which laptop?

Pentium M processor (non-Celeron as it will be plugged in most of the time).
Possibly wide-screen format.

Great question you have there! Some of us need answers to other questions, also. My son bought a HP laptop with wide screen. Is there any way to make the images look normal on that screen other than some setting that cuts back the usage of the horizontal area to a regular screen? Along the same lines, I hate those DVD player converters that convert wide screen to regular screen. Mine is in my television set. True, you can convert it, but the images look horrible! Radio Shack claims to have a DVD player that converts it for you. I will definitely try it in the store with one of my wide screen DVD movies before I buy it.

Once the jury is in, I can forward the best recommendations to my customers, many of which have need for a laptop but hesitate, not knowing which one to buy.

As far as hard drives go, you may lose portability, but you can buy a laptop with a small hard drive and run an external hard drive for an extra 160 GB of storage space. That sure beats the high prices of large internal hard drives in laptops.

Chuck