Declarations of war in the 21st century are meaningless and will probably never be used again.

We are at war. It's not against any government, it is against jihadist piglets worldwide who want to kill the shit out of us (and have done so quite successfully so far).

From: "Analyst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: RE: [H] US not a nice place to travel through
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:51:31 -0500

Hayes,

> This has technically always been the case since WWII when the POTUS was
> allowed to designate an individual as an enemy combatant.

At that time, the SCOTUS ruled that he could have that power only because the Congress had enacted a 'Declaration of War'.

Last year, the SCOTUS ruled that minus a "Declaration of the War', the POTUS does not have such power unilaterally, that a hearing had to be held to determine whether a person was an 'enemy combatant', then the administration could proceed from there.

So far, no hearings have been held, and only sham hearings are scheduled.

Vince